Potential Danger Of Excessive Water Consumption Within A Short Period Highlighted, As Woman Dies From Drinking Excess Water.

A 35-year-old woman Ashley Summers, has died from water toxicity, after drinking four bottles of water.

Report says during a weekend getaway at Lake Freeman in Indiana, US, with her husband and two children from July 1 to July 4, Ashley suddenly developed a headache and felt lightheaded.

The Monticello, Indiana, mom of two, reportedly consumed four bottles of water, each containing 500 milliliters on their way back home, within 20 minutes but collapsed after arriving home.

Ashley was immediately rushed to the hospital due to severe brain swelling, but later died despite medical efforts.

The doctors diagnosed her condition as water toxicity, medically known as hyponatremia, which occurs when the sodium level in the blood drops below normal levels.

Water toxicity is an uncommon condition that may arise from drinking excess water within a short time frame. In Ashley’s case, the rapid intake of water led to this tragic outcome.

A toxicologist at the hospital where Ashley was treated, Dr. Blake Froberg, explained that water toxicity is more likely to occur during hot weather or when someone engages in regular outdoor activities or exercises.

The incident serves as a reminder of the importance of staying hydrated, but also emphasizes the potential dangers of excessive water consumption in a short period, particularly during certain circumstances.

Source: One India
Photo Credit: India Times

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *